Enhance the appearance of your skin by removing the damaged outer layer with our range of chemical peel treatments.
Uncover Fresh, Healthy Skin with Professional Chemical Peels!
Chemical peels are a type of skin treatment involving applying a chemical solution to the face. This solution exfoliates the top layer of skin, removing dead skin cells and encouraging new cell growth in their place. The depth and strength of chemical peel depend on the specific chemicals used. Deeper chemical peels are often associated with more dramatic results as they penetrate deeper into the skin layers; however, they come with an increased risk of side effects such as redness, swelling or scabbing. Therefore, it is important to consult your dermatologist before having any type of chemical peel procedure done.
There are many benefits of a chemical peel as it:
- Helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles, fine lines, and age spots
- Stimulates collagen production for firmer skin
- Improves uneven skin tone and texture
- Reduces the appearance of scars from acne or other sources
- Can be used to treat a variety of skin conditions, including sun damage, pigmentation disorders, and acne scarring
- Enhances overall complexion by giving your skin a brighter glow
The issues a chemical peel can address include the following:
- Sun damage
- Age spots
- Wrinkles and fine lines
- Uneven skin tone and texture
- Acne scarring
- Blemishes or discoloration caused by pigmentation disorders.
A typical chemical peel takes between 30 minutes to an hour to complete, depending on the strength of the solution used. However, some deeper peels may require multiple treatments for optimal results. Your dermatologist will be able to advise you on how many treatments are necessary for your specific case. After the treatment, it can take several days to heal completely – up to two weeks in some cases. During this time, you should avoid sun exposure and use a moisturizer to help protect your skin.
At Pure Derma, our experienced dermatologists can help you determine which type of chemical peel is right for your skin. We offer a variety of peels, so you can be sure we have the perfect solution for you. From sun-damaged skin to acne scarring and discoloration, our team will work with you to create a customized plan to improve the overall appearance of your skin. Contact us today to learn more about our chemical peels!